Monday, November 23, 2009

Goomba (SMB)

Ah, I didn't think I was going to get to post this month, ruining my streak. But I found one that I took a picture of ages ago and never posted, so here you go...

I just purchased the new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii, and haven't even had a chance to play it yet. When I get home we will partake in multi-player goodness, but in the meantime I give you the very first enemy you see in the very first game. Unless you count regular Mario Bros. as the first game. Which I don't since I can't even climb into the pipes in that one (and I'm a so-called plumber).

Did you know this enemy is named Kuribo in Japan? I thought I mentioned that before, but apparently not. That would explain why you jump into Kuribo's Shoe in Super Mario Bros. 3. I wonder why they didn't change the name to Goomba's Shoe? This earlier version looks a bit angrier than his counterpart in SMB3, but maybe it's just a more pronounced unibrow...

1 comment:

Ralph- said...

The New Super Mario Bros. multiplayer is really counter intuitive. It is a great addition to the series, but having an extra person getting in your way while you are trying to do your own thing, is really tough to get used to and can be frustrating at times.

This Goomba is really cool!!