Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tektite

So I was in the desert for a week, and let me tell you, it's hot. Especially in the summer. But the weird thing was the enormous variety of insects out there. I saw enormous Palo Verde Beetles and heard loud cicadas and some weird true bug I'm still trying to identify. Fortunately I avoided any scorpions or tarantulas, although one giant spider was spotted. I was far, far away from the area when it happened.

While I guess these aren't spiders, Tektites sure are big, and apparently they have fangs. Never noticed that before. Also, when you image search Tektite, you get this. Who knew tektites were real? The Zelda versions are way better....

1 comment:

Ralph- said...

With the four spots on the back, the body looks a lot like a mushroom from mario brothers on game boy.